London (and Stopping to Smell the Roses Along the Way)





I'm waiting on the plane to take off and head home (cannot wait!) At the beginning of my whirlwind work trip, I had IG'd this pic saying it was going to be my best bud on my trip here. It's not my first time to London or traveling for work for that matter, but I decided given the schedule I would have (arrival times and departures etc) that it would be a better use of time, and company $, to bag the use of cabs (like I usually do) and just use public transportation and walk. It worked out well and I enjoyed the time just being in London and seeing the city in this way, especially given that I didn't have the time to explore any of the sites (luckily I have seen them all before).  Each and every person I asked for help and directions like which way was the best way out of the tube and which direction should I walk etc were kind and genuinely  helpful. Which was awesome for me since I have no shame in asking for help, especially on a rainy morning. 

My work trips are usually just in and out so that I can limit the amount of time away from home.  And now since I pretty much only travel internationally, going it on my own and figuring my way around is just a little but fun way to make sure I enjoy the journey. :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP