November Cards... so far
>> Wednesday, November 20, 2013 –
Musings,
Stampin' Up,
Studio Calico
Just wanted to share the cards I have made so far with the latest Studio Calico card and PL kits. These came together pretty quickly and were all made specifically to be given away. I can't wait until the weekend to crank out some more than I need for upcoming events.
My random thought about my card making and they people who receive them, as I type up this post:
I have read from time to time on different MBs and talked to people about the idea of making different cards (ie: not using a lot of or any embellishments, different PPs etc) to give away if they feel like it will be thrown away, than they would normally make. But I have the opposite view on that. I love making and giving cards that have "stuff" on them because that's one of the reasons I make cards in the first place - to give away with gifts, say thanks or the like. (The other reason because I really enjoy it and its a hobby I love and find so so very relaxing.) And I put all the "stuff" and cut into the 6x6 pads like crazy on my cards, because that's what part of what makes my cards fun and handmade in the first place. I don't buy embellies (or sub to the card kit) to hoard them or save them only for people who I think might appreciate it more. Anyone I'm taking the time to make a card for (and buy a present/say thanks etc.) are deserving anyway, in my opinion. And from a practical standpoint, if I don't the stuff in the kits on a card and instead I hoard it, it is likely going to end up in the same garbage or recycling bin anyway down the road unused at all. So kinda back to the same spot, really.
And in any case, I have genuinely found that people really do enjoy getting a handmade card from me - and whether or not they throw it away at the end of the day doesn't take away from how much they enjoyed. And if they keep it longer than a day - well, that really sweet too.
So, I say use the embellies and paper with abandon!!! :) You never know who will "appreciate" that card all the more. Plus it makes more room in my stash for the kit coming next month...
cute cards! :)