Lightning Strikes Twice (and hopefully many more)
>> Sunday, October 27, 2013 –
Stitch Fix
This past Friday, I received my latest fix from Stitch Fix. This is by far my favorite find of late - discovered via the Studio Calico MB last spring. Since my blog has found new life of late, I thought I would take and share pics from my latest fix. It was an absolute fabulous box, courtesy of my stylist (so fun to say that!), Alexandra. She's actually styled all of my fixes since I signed up. I think she's really both gotten to know my style well and helped me get to know my style better too. Her picks are thoughtful and she almost always manages to find something that I wouldn't have chosen on my own, but end up loving immensely. I've always found something (and more often than not, multiple things) that I've loved in each fix to date. And it saves me a trip from wandering the mall, which is a major bonus.
And in case you don't already know, Stitch Fix's personal stylists send you 5 pieces based on your style profile and (once you start getting boxes) feedback from previous fixes. In my opinion, the concept is genius. It's like Christmas every time I get a delivery. :) You get to try new clothes from lots of different brands, with clothes and accessories already your closet, and have 3 days to decide. I also like that its not subscription-based so you can schedule them as often and or infrequently as you want without being locked in for any period of time.
So here we go...
#1 and #2 - Katherine Barclay sweater and skirt
Immediate keepers when I tried them on. The sweater was a no-brainer. Love the taupey color, weight and cut. I asked for a sweater and this fit the bill. The skirt was my surprise of the fix (I seem to always have one). I would never have picked it - would have never thought to pick a fitted jersey skirt (little edgier for me, I think) but the fit was awesome and I loved the length and zipper detail in the back. This is a perfect Friday outfit for the office. Both keepers!
#3 Collection Concepts tab-sleeve blouse
Through my fixes, I have figured out that I love this style of blouse. Unless I have specifically asked for casual weekend only shirts, like over the summer, I need for any tops in my fixes to work for both work (I wear suits at work and business casual on Fridays) and weekend to justify the retail cost. I've also figured out that I like clean graphic prints vs asymmetrical or "un-crisp" patterns. This blouse fits both requirements. I also like neutrals with pops of color. The burgundy and navy is so autumn to me. I added a belt and love how it goes with the skirt. This is another great Friday work outfit and easily dresses down too. Keeper!
Through my fixes, I have figured out that I love this style of blouse. Unless I have specifically asked for casual weekend only shirts, like over the summer, I need for any tops in my fixes to work for both work (I wear suits at work and business casual on Fridays) and weekend to justify the retail cost. I've also figured out that I like clean graphic prints vs asymmetrical or "un-crisp" patterns. This blouse fits both requirements. I also like neutrals with pops of color. The burgundy and navy is so autumn to me. I added a belt and love how it goes with the skirt. This is another great Friday work outfit and easily dresses down too. Keeper!
#4 Missa sheer stripe cardigan
I also asked for a cardigan and I loved the one Alexandra picked out for me. It's a classic piece that I will be able to throw on all the time, but really like the sheer striping for some great detail that makes it a little less preppy than a cardi can sometimes be. I love anything with stripes, and to me, the material and stripe combo of this can be dressy with a dress or skirt, but can still be casual with a pair of jeans. Love the twist on this cardi. I styled it almost exactly as it is shown on the sample card that comes with each piece. Keeper.
#5 19 Cooper tulip sleeve blouse
This piece looked so simple that I didn't think it would be worth the price when I saw it in the box. However, when I tried it on, I could already see all the mileage I would get out of this seemingly basic blouse. This just goes to show that I should always try it everything on before passing judgement. I love a great neckline and anything in navy. The cut and short sleeves detail on this shirt is fab. I really like the seam down the middle too. The shirt works perfectly dressed up in a suit for work or with skinny jeans and flats. Keeper.


And there you have it. The Holy Grail of fixes - 5 for 5!! It's actually the 2nd I've had, which is definitely a testament to Alexandra's styling skills. And with 25% off when you get all 5 pieces in a fix.
If you want to try it, with no obligations after your first fix unless you love it, click here and let me know if you do! Just $20 for a stylist to put a box together for you, which also goes towards anything you buy. $20 to have someone pick out clothes for you - how can you go wrong?! :)
And this was my outfit for the day.
And this was my outfit for the day.





LOVE all your outfits! You look amazing in all of them Maria!
great fix! :)