Hoppy Birthday



I figured since I was up for the PTI February release night, I would also take a moment to post a card I made Sunday morning.  I'm pretty much a night owl, so many times I'm up anyway for the monthly release anyway.  On a side note - tonight must have been a hopping night as things don't usually sell out so soon, but before I could press "send order," a bunch of stuff (mostly the new dies they are now releasing) disappeared from my cart.  Oh well.

Anyways, back to the card...

What a surprise (lol) - I made a boy birthday card for a party today.  Today was a Laser Tag party.  I love how each of my kiddos seem to make the same party circuit.... my oldest guy went to a bunch of laser tag parties at the same age (1st grade) and now it is Alex's turn.  Ahhhh - the birthday parties... it gets more and more challenging each year (for the parents, of course) to come up with a "new place" to go to that is different...or maybe more importantly, at least as fun as the others.  Hopefully it will be easier for me with the younger ones since I'll already have some previous knowledge from Lawrence's party circuit.

But again, back to the card...
I get such a kick reading Jess Witty's blog - for the paper crafting inspiration (I am a fan of her crafting style), but also just as much for her writing style - totally cracks me up.  She has been doing a Monday 10 Minute Scrap Pile Challenge and I decided to play along this morning rather than waiting until Monday, because by then, the poor birthday boy would not have gotten a card - LOL (sometimes you gotta break those challenge rules!). 

I actually really NEEDED to play, and plan to continue to do so until such time that I make a dent in my scrap pile.  I am up to my eyeballs in scraps.  Seriously.  In fact, the pile is getting so big that I honestly do not even keep any small scraps anymore, because what's the point?  Now I only keep the paper if it's roughly at least 1/4 sheet big.  I know, I know - most people would think I'm crazy - but I am recycling it, so I think that makes it better.  :D  

I really did follow the challenge as this card was made entirely from scraps and really only took me 10 minutes, because I didn't color anything.  The Cosmo Cricket PP came from the leftover paper from the pillow boxes I made for Valentines and the Imaginesce notebook PP was from the giveaway gift from Alex's birthday party in December (I mis-calculated and cut out an extra sheet on my Cricut - oops... bad math skills).  The card base was even already cut out (leftover 1/2 from another card I made) and the frog was stamped on a scrap that I wouldn't even normally keep if that was the scrap leftover today.  I liked how it turned out and hopefully the little boy who received it today kinda liked it too.

So I better get to bed now.  A new week is here again! Until next time...

Deets:
Stamps: Inky Antics (frog), CHF - Tag! You're It!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
CS: SU - Wild Wasabi, Cosmo Cricket PP, Imaginesce PP
Other: Enchanted Evening twill ribbon, SU tag punch (to make the border)



mackbrad  – (February 20, 2010 at 7:45 PM)  

Did you get the flower set? I did - right up my alley - I love the fact there will be one for each month!

Love your new blog by the way!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP