Runway Inspired Challenge #56 {using Oldies but Goodies!}

Trying my hand at another Runway Inspired Challenge.  Here is the inspiration and starting point:



Love all the colors of her outfit!

Here is my take on the pic:

I drew inspiration from the colors of her outfit and the background of trees.  Not sure why, but as soon as I saw the trees, I totally remembered this PP from the Studio Calico January 2011 kit, Who's Who.  And since I haven't been able to kill a kit, or purge a kit, I still had a piece of it in my stash.  Voila!  and that's why I don't purge (at least that's what I keep telling myself).  I also dug out a butterfly from the kit and colored it with copics to better fit the challenge.  The sentiment is from Mama Elephant's Hustle set.  Love it, truly.  I am a recent and growing fan of their stamps.  I have loved each of their stamp sets that have been in recent Studio Calico kits, and after attending my first workshop hosted by them, I must say I am even more hooked.  This card also fits the bill for Gillian's Oldies but Goodies monthly challenge on the SC board, since I did have to reach way back into my stash to make this card.  Cool - 2 birds with 1 stone.  Can't go wrong with that. :)

And it's a little unconventional, I think, but I made this card to be a Get Well card for someone who needs it.  She just had a hospital procedure and now has to recover, so I just wanted to let her know I was thinking of her.  Hopefully this encourages her to keep on keepin' on.  

Anonymous –   – (March 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM)  

Love the background and how well the butterfly stands out because of the gorgeous copic colouring! Thanks for joining us on the Runway ;-)

Joni Andaya  – (March 30, 2014 at 1:45 AM)  

What a Lovely card!!! Fabulous take :)

Jennifer Rzasa  – (March 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM)  

The trees and butterfly look so lovely together! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP