Five Thoughts on Friday - the birthday edition
>> Friday, March 28, 2014 –
5 Thoughts
1. Yes to the sentiment above. The first 40 years of my journey has been fabulous. Life is not perfect, but there's no other life I would trade for ever.
2. The decade of my 30s has been good to me, but I'm looking forward to what's in store. I can truly say I was not dreading this big milestone in the least bit. No freak out here at all. It's just a number and the way I see it, if I was younger I wouldn't have and be everything I am today. That being said, I wonder if I will feel the same when I turn the big 5-0. Hopefully I will!
3. I don't feel any different than I did yesterday. Lol. It's been awhile, but since this is such a big milestone, I must admit that I kinda was feeling like a little kid when you anticipate your birthday. First time it's happened in a long while. But roughly 12 hours in, I can report: nada, nope, no different.
4. I am kinda shocked though at how quickly time has flown. I know it's so cliche and everybody says it ("time flies!") but it's funny when it actually happens to you. I remember years ago figuring out how old the kids would be when I turned 40 and before I knew it... here I am. Crazy.
5. I can't wait for the weekend. We are celebrating and I can't wait. ;)
Can't wait to see how fabulous 40 will be!!

omg - how did I miss this! Happy Belated Birthday friend!! Welcome to the fabulous and 40 Club ;) I'm just catching up on blogs and I saw your birthday outfit pictures. You look amazing!!!