It's the Everyday Moments that Really Matter

I've been loving all of the PL inspiration everywhere (and literally it does seem like everything in the crafty corner of the internet!).  But then again, it is the beginning of a new year, which is one of the most logical times to start PL... although I do like the idea of starting on the day after your birthday.  I'd definitely consider that if I didn't have kiddos, but since I do and life is not just about me anymore, starting at the beginning of the year is perfect for us.

Happy that I am officially 1 for 1 on PL - I finished Week 1 last Sunday, but it has just taken me some time to photograph it.  In my book, this still quite an accomplishment for me.  And it's a good things that I did carve out some time Sunday, given the amount of time that I have spent in the basement scrapping has been a big fat goose egg.  It's been a busy week of weeknights filled with home cooked meals (not 1 but 2!!), projects with the kiddos, an away game and CCD tonight (as well as another school project).  All wonderful things that I can't wait to document this Sunday night.  I'd definitely rather these kinds of weeks where I have no time to document until the weekend - lol :)

A favorite moment of the week (for me) actually happened tonight at CCD:
I read the closing prayer tonight, but the boys didn't know beforehand that I was doing it. (I volunteer on the prayer committee but hadn't actually read a prayer yet).  After I read the prayer and got back to our pew, Matthew comes rushing to my side and tells me (in a whispered voice, because the closing song was still going on), with such genuine and beaming pride on this face, "that was AWESOME, Mommy!!"  I loved it and was so touched.  He's at this enthusiastically wonderful age and he is personality is so emotive.  It was an awesome to get a compliment from my 6 year and it meant a lot, because I knew that he really meant it.  It is wonderful to have a fan - lol.  I have to also admit that it really surprised me when I realized how good I felt knowing that he was proud of me.  I'm still smiling thinking about his big smile.  It was way better than getting any accolade or compliment at work or from any other adult for that matter.  ;)  Second fun moment... one of the moms who sat in front of us telling me afterwards as we were getting ready to go that while I was in the front doing the reading, she feels someone poking here and turns around and it is M.  He whispers to her, "that's MY mommy!"

Just a fun everyday moment that meant at lot so I wanted to be sure I got it down somewhere.

Looking forward to more everyday moments to cherish...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP