Stitch Fix Does It Again! (#8)

I'm way delayed in writing up about my February fix, but since I loved it so much, better late than never. 
 
It was another great fix and I feel like overall, my stylist, Alexandra continues to "get" me.  I loved everything that I knew she picked out of me, and I could tell exactly which one was my "reach" piece.
 
So let's get to it.  When I scheduled this fix, I specially asked for pieces that I could wear for my birthday party.  I turned the big 4-0 this year in March, I wanted a few fun pieces for dinner and for the party that my husband threw for me.  She sent a couple of different options, and I wore just about everything for something related to my birthday (score!)

 
1. Cowl Neck Sleeveless Top and Dark Skinny Jeans - These were no-brainers right from the box, and I knew that I had my outfit for the party.  :)  The vibe of the party was laid-back, with a lot of dancing, drinking and all of around fun.  I wanted it to fee like we were going out to a lounge in the city.  This fit it perfectly.  And I love how trendy the color of the shirt is (Pantone color of the year!) and the fit.  Just a touch of dressiness to wear out, but not too over the top.  I love the neck line as well.  I
 
As for the jeans - I was nervous at first when I saw the size.  I float between two sizes depending on the cut, and she went with the smaller size this time even though it was a super skinny cut.  But the material had give to it, so it ended up being a perfect fit!  If it was the bigger size, I'm sure it would be been too baggy.  Alexandra is a stylist smarty pants! :)  Lol  And here's another picture that I tweeted from my birthday party that night. 
 

 
 
3. Earrings - You could kinda see them in the pic above, but wanted to take one more, because I loved them so.  They are big silver hoop earrings with some detail and they were the perfect finishing touch to this outfit.  I didn't have anything like this in my wardrobe, so it was a perfect edition.  Definitely bigger than I would have ever thought to buy for myself, but I'm glad I tried them on.  They are no earrings I would wear to work on on the weekends running errands, but they are a fabulous way to dress up a little more for a night out on the weekends.  Keepers for sure!
 



4. The dress - So... this was most definitely the stretch piece of the fix.  The colors are up my alley, but the cut and the pattern on the skirt are not at all.  To be honest, if I hadn't loved every other piece, I would have definitely returned it with something else, but the 25% special really makes it hard not to take every piece once you like at least 3 pieces.  The price of this dress was less than the 25% I saved by keeping all 5 pieces.  The top of the dress is fitted and short while the skirt is more poufy, long and high-waisted to my liking.  I also thought the pattern was a little too busy.  My knee jerk reaction: tribal is not my thing.  Alexandra had suggested this as an option of the party, but to me this was more of a formal/dressier outfit (maybe due to the shape and length of the skirt?).
 
But that being said, I must admit the dress has grown on me in the last month.  I hung it up in my closet thinking I might give it away.  But I do like it with a suit jacket and have worn it to work (so I'm obviously not giving it to anyone now).  And I also wore this dress for Easter to church, paired with my favorite white patent leather peep toe wedges and a cardigan.  So I guess it was really just the top that I wasn't comfortable wearing without a cover.  But also, the shape of the skirt almost looks different with a different silhouette on top.  Interesting...





















5. This shirt
As soon as I opened peeled back the sticker that holds the package together in the box, I saw this shirt and loved it.  The beading detail around the collar is great - don't have anything like it in my closet, until now.  Loved the pattern and the way the shirt hung.  Perfect shirt with jeans on the weekend, but I have also worn this with black pants and also under a black suit.  I received a bunch of compliments the first time I wore it!  :) And I wore it again for dinner on my birthday with my family. 

 
So there you have it - Fix #8 is in the bag.  This was a fabulous fix... even though I didn't love one of the pieces at first sight, I have worn it 2x in the last month and it will stay in the rotation for specific instances.  Plus it's hard to compare since I really loved the other 4... no hesitation in keeping any of them. 
 
Thank you Alexandra for always giving me a mix of things to try and add to my wardrobe!  I can't say enough about this service.  It really my schedule, desired price point and shopping preferences to a T.  I love that I really haven't had any desire to go to the mall or shop for clothes since I found Stitch Fix.  Alexandra figured out me out quickly so I know that I will always love something (or everything) in a fix.  I definitely credit it to her fabulous styling skills, coupled with detailed feedback after every fix and using a pinterest board to show her what I love.   I don't know if they have a specific way to match stylists and customers up or if its luck of the draw, but in any case, I hit the jackpot. :)  And if you want to give it a whirl, please click here.
 
I've already received Fix #9 since I've pretty much fallen into an every other month schedule so will get that up soon.   

Jenny  – (April 26, 2014 at 10:15 AM)  

Love all your outfits! I took a break from Stitch Fix but now you make me want to schedule one ;)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP